Etihad Airways Inaugurates Abu Dhabi-Frankfurt Non-stop Service Frankfur
Germany (ots) - Effective February 3, Etihad Airways (EY/ETD) will commence non-stop freighter services twice per week between Frankfurt Airport (FSE: FRA) and the carrier's home base in Abu Dhabi (AUH), the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Etihad will be using an Airbus A300-600F on the new AUH-FRA cargo route. This summer Etihad also plans to add daily non-stop passenger services between Frankfurt and Abu Dhabi, using Airbus A330-200s jets.
Founded in mid-2003, Etihad Airways is one of the fastest growing airlines in the world. To meet its ambitious growth plans, Etihad has purchased four A380 superjumbos and another twenty Airbus jets, including four A340-500s, four A340-600s and twelve A330-200s. Etihad Airways won the prestigious 'World's Leading New Airline Award' at the 11th World Travel Awards last December.
Visit these useful Web sites for more information:
- www.etihadairways.com (Etihad Airways)
- www.cargocity-frankfurt.de (FRA's CargoCity Frankfurt)
- www.dcaauh.gov.ae (Abu Dhabi Airport)
- www.uae.org.ae (Emirate of Abu Dhabi)
- www.gia.gov.ae (General Information Authority)
- www.abudhabichamber.ae (Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
- www.uae-embassy.de (UAE Embassy in Germany)
- www.germemb.org.ae (German Embassy in Abu Dhabi)